Indian Cost Accounts Service
• It is one of the six organized accounting services of the Government of India.
• It is comparatively young accounting service constituted in 1978.
• The ICoAS Officers have the requisite skill by virtue of their professional background and experience gained in managing the multifarious and complex issues relating to financial and cost management matters.
• Office of Chief Adviser Cost is one of the divisions functioning in the Department of Expenditure.
• It is a professional body staffed by qualified Cost/ Chartered Accountants.
• This Office is responsible for advising the Ministries and Government Undertakings on cost accounts matters and to undertake cost investigation work on their behalf.